Saturday, April 2, 2011

My First Hiking Experience

My first experience in climbing mountain was in 2001 with my officemates. My former officemate invited me to join her friends who usually go to Mount Banahaw every year during Holy week. It was not an immediate Yes answer for me. In fact, she already invited me twice before and i would always give a “No” answer since i couldn't imagine myself climbing mountain with my so called "petite" physique. Oh! I could almost faint just imagining myself up in the mountain with my fear of heights and going into caves. But something happened in 2001 that made me say yes,  a yes to something I wouldn’t dare to do in my dreams. My purpose: a hurt I need to heal…a search I’m longing to know... a something I could find if I go with my friend and spend the holy week in a different way besides that year I already care less about myself. We’ll I’m just being myself disregarding anybody who cares even my family. Yes, they don’t know where I’m going that holy week.

I started to pack my things with mixed emotions, of excitement and of fear. I have an idea what the place looks like coz I saw Mount Banahaw featured  on TV just before we go on hiking. I felt I really should be going. It’s maybe something I really long to do. We are less than fifteen (15) persons in that climb. They are all in hiking gears except me, Lovelle (my friend who invited me), and Helen (my officemate). We are using an ordinary backpack with shoulder bags. It was also my first time to join in a group whom I met the first time, the first day of the climb! and what so funny about it is Lovelle also met them the first time. (“,) Lovelle’s friend who invited her was not around. We are strangers! Helen almost back out and having a second thought of joining since eventhough they are in hiking gears…most of them really look like “kanto” boys! Are we coming home alive with these people? Are they kind? Will they take care of us? What if they do something bad to us? We are helpless! So many doubts in my mind but that night, that first night of the climb was a turning point in my life. I began to trust people first before I get to know them eventhough they don’t look like one. I trust that Lovelle’s friend is good enough to let us come with them even though he is not around. Then..the journey begins!

Till my next blog…
;Des    

1 comment:

  1. next...http://des-climbingmountain.blogspot.com/2011/04/contmy-first-hiking-experience-sta.html

    ReplyDelete