Sunday, March 24, 2013

Refreshing Bohol Bee Farm Story

Bohol Bee Farm
Bohol Bee Farm...it's like you're into a family provincial vacation to a place you considered home!

As soon as I step into Bohol Bee Farm, I already sensed my longing for a deep relaxation and vacation. The silence is so tempting...I knew I would definitely enjoy being away from the busy city of Manila and be refreshed. I never regret staying here for three days minus the one day Bohol day tour.

We stayed at a "kubo" type room and wait for Beng to arrive before we took our lunch, as she took a different but free flight to Bohol. There is real silence around. You cannot even hear anyone talking outside or walking nearby and what else you can do when you had restless nights before? Sleep! I really had a "power nap"!


This is our first lunch meal order at Bohol Bee Farm. Honey glazed chicken, Grilled fish, their version of soup, natural fresh fruit drinks, and eggplant ensalada. What's so good about this food is that these are all organic food. The vegetable salad with flowers on it...the herbs or spices mixed in the food...all these are home grown at Bohol Bee farm. We thought that the flowers in the salad like bougainvillea are just for decoration only but we found out that it's all edible!


seaside beauties

 After our meal, we began exploring Bohol Bee Farm. The Farm is real farm with its various plants around the area mostly used as herbs, spices, and ingredients in the meals they served. Another refreshing beauty of the Farm is its seaside beauty. The sound of the waves, the wind touching your face, and the smell of the sea. There is a sunbathing or lounging area for use only for stay-in or Bohol Bee farm guests where you can just dip on the water but never seen anyone swimming coz there is a warning on jelly fish. My two sisters also go for the foot spa pampering session that lasted for almost two hours. While waiting for them, I tour the area alone for some savoring moments...one on one with mother nature. (",)   


Around Bohol Bee Fram
Walking with reflections is definitely different from trekking and hiking. That time, that moment, you will never have to worry about the time and your safety while you are on the trail. You are secured because you are already on a maintained place really suited for people who just looks for a very good refreshing vacation...so you know you are safe! I still discover some areas around Bohol Bee Farm...some more planting areas, one beehive coz they told us most of the beehives have been destroyed by the recent super typhoon in Bohol, the crafts and livelihood area, different swimming pools, the bakery, and the ice cream area. At night just before we go to sleep, we also had a relaxing full body massage. Every night is a good night sleep and every morning is a good morning as we took our breakfast with natural fruit juices, corn coffee, brown rice, eggs, pancakes, pasta and cassava cereals.   

My Bohol Bee Farm Noche Buena was the most memorable Noche Buena I ever had. The sumptuous dinner at the seaside, the soothing music, the laughter, the gifts and Nanay singing while relating her "Come to me" theme song with her late husband.

I really wished at least my parents were here enjoying the refreshing Bohol Bee Farm. I wished they are like Nanay Medila who is always on the go...on the road even at 70+...or maybe I wished I already could have started my own family. I am just thankful how the Distor family welcomed me as their own. They are my Manila family since college.

 This has been a real refreshing and memorable Christmas vacation. I thanked God that despite the many odds that happened just before I went to Bohol, God gave me a real super duper Christmas vacation! Jesus... You are the celebrant but You have always been giving me!

;Des

TrulyRichClub.com - Do You Want to Gain Financial Wealth and Spiritual Abundance at the Same Time?

1 comment:

  1. Watch out for my next blog...a different climbing story... a Holy Week journey with the King!

    ReplyDelete