Saturday, January 20, 2018

Bicol Escapades...Kawa Kawa Hill Ligao City


Today I remember to finish my blog on my Bicol escapades. I almost forgot to finish but The Mayon volcano is currently erupting as if getting my attention to finish my blog and to share more of my beautiful holy week experience in Bicol.


Ligao City-Kawa Kawa Hill


It is still a day before holy Thursday but we already visited Kawa Kawa HIll at Ligao City right after Jovellar Underground adventure. Visting kawa kawa hill has been a regular experience for Bicolano's specially during holy week. It is also has become a popular religious site because of the unique, life size statues which depict the fourteen (14) Stations of the Cross. Theses stations are arranged at the slope of the hill overlooking Mayon Volcano. The Carmelites Nuns of the Holy Trinity put up the Divine Mercy and a life-size images of the Station of the Cross in the area. Divine Mercy Shrine and Carmelite monastery is already built at the foot of the hill.



Visiting Kawa Kawa hill is like being with Jesus in each of the life size station of the cross. It is actually bigger the the life-size statues. Each station has its corresponding guides of readings and meditations. I remembered that we are still doing the final three stations of the cross during sunset on the summit with the cool, calming wind and where sunset rays flashed towards the station of the cross.



I have never felt really tired going up the 250-meter-high hill neither have I heard the children complaining going up until the last station. Maybe it is also because the hill offers a lush scenery and serene ambiance. When you reach the summit you will be amazed to see a six-hectare crater and also a breathtaking view of Ligao City.




Kawa Kawa Hill is a really a place for prayer and reflection.

We arrived back home at 9pm already having kinunot and pinangat. Next day will be another day as I and Phine will be in Daraga, Albay for a Holy week observance. 

Next...Holy week experience at Daraga, Albay ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment