Saturday, January 20, 2018

Bicol...More than Escapades

My vacation in Bicol does not end on Good Friday. Hey, there is always an Easter Sunday!

We travelled back the following day to Ate Fei’s house just in time for swimming at Villa Sotto resort at Castilla Sorsogon. This is to celebrate Ate Fei’s birthday with the family. As usual, children enjoy swimming so much with the warm water pool and having a grandeur time with the adults until about 7pm.

We attended mass for Easter Sunday at St Gregory Church Legazpi City. Thank God that the mass celebration is in English. After the mass, Ate Fei and Phine also accompany me to tour around Legazpi city i.e visit the Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine, Gaisano mall and Embarcadero. I will always remember the first time to eat the sili ice cream level 1 and 2 at Colonial Grill. Sili ice cream is good although I would not dare try to finish level 2 as I am really not fond of spicy food. Phine also gave me pili nuts directly from their farm. The Farm is almost an hour trek form the main road and thank God that there is a fresh picked buko to quench our thirst. Her husband harvested almost 40 pili nuts for me take as pasalubong. I have also experienced riding at the back of their Carabao, Sinag. Sinag is pregnant at that time and I softly scream as Sinag sway its tail towards its back.

I have never thought of visiting my checklist on my last day at Bicol because I feel that it is more than what I have planned…

        …new words that I have learned : kagurangnan, tugang, dae, iyo

       …new food that I have tasted : lubi lubi gata, sili ice cream, pili nut ice cream, mazapan, fresh guava juice, kinunot, pinangat

      …new places that I have explored : Hoyop hoyopan cave, the chocolate hills in Albay, Jovellar underground river, Kawa Kawa Hill

       ...new faces I have met and shared happy and memorable moments.



I do not regret staying in Ate Fei’s family with Phine’s family. They are such a sweet, thoughtful, caring, and happy family. I also enjoyed bonding with the children as each of them called me “Ninang”.  

It’s been a full 6 days experience in Bicol, the longest out of town I have experienced so far. It is really more than escapades to share. It is really meeting people, feeling their warmth and hospitality, experiencing their traditions, and tasting the best food of the province. I have not expected much about this long vacation but God has given me another “more” to enjoy. Thank you again Lord for experiencing your blessings thru your wonderful creation and the wonderful people that come my way. ;D








1 comment:

  1. Dear Magayon (Mt Mayon):

    You are the most and evident beautiful piece of God's creation that is in the middle of many towns in Bicol. I so admire your beauty specially without the clouds around you, a perfect shaped volcano! But now, you are fiery while bursting your ashes and at times exploding. Many people are now evacuating far from your sight. I do hope that your fierceness will end and will come back to its calming state. Do not let your flowing lava tears harm the people especially those that just admire you. Distance matters...but always remember people just adore you no matter how distant you. I am pleading with them...I have already viewed you the closest that I can ever have and please do not let that beautiful memory depart and replaced by your fiery side.

    ReplyDelete